K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Pickin' n Grinnin'

Back to fiber processing. This morning I was able to go from this:
















to this:























by way of this:



















in about half an hour. That's several hours of manual labor shortened by the Patrick Green Triple Picker. I'm a happy spinner!


I'm in the midst of a project that's taking me from the original silver/gray Coopworth fleece (from Cedaredge Farm in Roebuck, SC), through the washing, dyeing, picking, carding, and blending to make yarn for a very special vest. So far, so good. With a huge thanks to Diana, my color guru in Alabama.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Blogger hem said...

I am containing my jealousy from afar. Can't wait to see what you spin up!

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger boshi said...

They are are sweeping the whole world. power balance bracelets were first

released in January of 2007 and now they become the most popular health bracelets among people of all ages and all walks of life, including some of the super

athletes.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger anna said...

WAAAHA,Maybe I can help you about that.I love the ugg winter boots very much,last day i purchased two pairs of uggs from a shop,for my opinion,their boots have awesome quality and nice price for everyone,i think it maybe good for you.By the way they also sell Ecco Casual Shoes,they are good enough...What a good shopkeeper I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home