K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mushrooms On My Own

We've had more rain this summer than I can remember since I've lived here. There are mushrooms everywhere! I have only rudimentary skills at identifying them, so I've tested some for dye possibilities. I was pretty sure when I found this that I'd hit on something:




















I was right.


Oh, and these lovelies are now on their way to Girl Scouts in Bartlesville, OK. The troop is headed up by David's mom, and I gave them a little spinning demo a couple of months ago. They wanted spindles, so I ordered these from our local fiber artist, Barb, of Woolies Fiberworks. I think the girls will be thrilled.








Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Carol said...

I only get those white boring mushrooms in my lawn! So, you've been going around, gathering mushrooms and boiling them to see if they make colour? Or do you have a guide of some kind?

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

I loved your Blog and so excited for you about sending spindles to the Girl Scouts - I know they will be equally pleased when they get them. The mushrooms turned your yarn out a beautiful color. So glad you are having fun with the spinning and dying.

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Mama Jude said...

Thanks so much for sharing about the mushrooms! Your pictures are great!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger anna said...

WAAAHA,Maybe I can help you about that.I love the ugg winter boots very much,last day i purchased two pairs of uggs from a shop,for my opinion,their boots have awesome quality and nice price for everyone,i think it maybe good for you.By the way they also sell Ecco Casual Shoes,they are good enough...What a good shopkeeper I think.

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger coachforever said...

air force one shoes.power balance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home