K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

SC Mini Vacation







Ah, spring in South Carolina. I had a chance to spend a day there recently just before attending a fiber event at Lake Junaluska, NC. I had previously purchased, and been delighted with, Coopworth fleeces from Ann at Cedaredge Farm. I went to visit, choose one more fleece, and see the wooly ones. Aren't the shepherd and lamb lovely? These sheep are what I imagine sheep should look like - the quintessential wooly ones.












Ann has been shearing twice a year, which gives a nice staple without it being waaaay long. She skirts heavily for the hand spinner, and these are some of the cleanest fleeces I've ever cleaned and carded. And it spins like a dream. Here's some of Rosemary's spring clip drying outside on this gorgeous spring day in Tennessee.












In addition to visiting Cedaredge Farm, I made a side trip and purchased this:


















Now where could I have gone and why would this interest me?






Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Tonni said...

I'm sooooo jealous!!! I would love to pet the wooly ones :)

Hmmmm.... did you go to a highland festival?!?!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Sandra D. said...

No, not a highland festival.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Sheepie! Loves the sheep. How about a trip to the actual Scottish Highlands? That would be fun.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Sandra D. said...

That WOULD be fun and it's on my "to do list!" The sheep were great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home